Discussion Topics

« Return to Announcements

The Hunting Cabin

I haven't made it to a meeting yet and apologize as I have had a busy spring and summer so far. I have posted a children's book in the file cabinet for members interested. I illustrated it with photoshop and a pen tablet - very fun! My wife and I are heading to Florida and Georgia this week to visit our daughters. Hope you enjoy the book. Kind regards, Dave

Replies to this Topic

Dave,

Usually when people post and ask for feedback, it is by arrangement after discussion at a meeting, so you might not get much feedback without coming to a meeting and going through this process.  Your story has fun pictures and a nice rhyme.  Parents I know today would shy away from stories with gambling and threats of violence, but this is a conservative area and perhaps not a good barometer.  It would probably appeal to families who hunt.  We do have a meeting on Tuesday.

Lisa

Lisa, 

Thanks for reading The Hunting Cabin. It is geared toward "men under 10 and boys over 20." I wrote/illustrated a second book, The Broken Muffler, featuring the same characters. In that book they save the Governor and her family from a plane crash. The Governor looks suspiciously like Jennifer Granholm so I sent her a copy. She sent me the nicest letter back. I probably should have posted that story even though I'm partial to the The Hunting Cabin. Hope to meet you soon,

Kind regards, Dave

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

The Cascade Writers' Group Anthology Contest