Writing Spaces / Finding Motivation

Hi, everyone!  This is my first time posting a topic and I haven't attended a meeting yet.  I was wondering if anyone else feels more motivated to write and to stay on task (not always so easy in our world of endless distractions) when writing with others.  I'm talking about writers working on their own individual projects, but in the same same room, office, coffee shop, or whatever.  Maybe you know of a group like this that already exists?  Or a space?  I would love to hear anything you have to say.  Thanks!

-Lisa

Replies to this Topic

I agree. I have a bunch of little ideas written down that I have yet to expand on. I've written and shared one story two years ago! Talk about lack of motivation. I'd love to hear others' ideas.

Welcome--I hope you will be able to attend our meetings.  I don't know of any group that writes together.  Most of the writers in the group are fitting writing into small gaps of free time.  One of the reasons I started the group was to get the motivation of having a deadline.  I know I have to have something completed about every two weeks.  You might try a creative writing class--either at GRCC or community ed.

We meet on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month, so our next meeting is coming up.

Lisa

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

The Cascade Writers' Group Anthology Contest